West Coast Psychological Services (WCPS) is a well-established, busy, and growing assessment practice in Vancouver, BC. We are currently looking for a neuropsychologist to join our team. The work involves conducting neuropsychological, psychoeducational, psychovocational and psychological assessments.
The position could be either on a contractual basis, or as a salaried position of either part- or full-time.
We have a highly supportive work environment, with very experienced and dedicated psychometry and administrative staff, and numerous innovations to facilitate ease of productivity. We have a beautiful office on the ‘professional corridor’ on Broadway near Granville, but during pandemic restrictions all of our work has been done remotely. Remote intakes, testing and feedbacks will continue to be the new norm at WCPS.
Scheduled work can be very flexible. For psychologists, direct client contact (in-person or via Zoom) is only for intake interviews and feedback sessions. This kind of work situation could appeal to a new psychologist, someone experienced and looking for a change, or even as a semi-retirement transition.
Applicants need to be Canadian citizens or otherwise legally able to work in Canada, and registered (or eligible for registration) with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia.
We will only consider candidates with demonstrated and exceptional analytical and writing skills, who are willing to put the thought and effort into providing high-quality, individualized reports. Must also be able to work collaboratively and respectfully with others.
Contracted psychologists are paid a flat rate based on assessment type. This translates into an hourly rate of approximately $100 – $120 /hr. depending on the length of time it takes to complete an assessment. Contracted psychologists determine how many assessments they want to complete monthly.
A full-time salaried psychologist is paid a minimum of $7,000 per month, in addition to bonuses for assessment reports completed over the required minimum. Training and supervision is provided, and peer support is always readily available.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time; Salaried, Contractor.
Salary: $7,000.00-$10,000.00 per month
To apply: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the past year all WCPS assessments have been done remotely. Remote intake, testing and feedback sessions will largely continue to be the norm at WCPS .
WCPS is an equal opportunity employer.
Professional Medical Writer
(Casual, Remote Position)
• Writing and editing Background Summary/Document Review sections of assessment reports
• Completing writing assignments from point-form notes
• Reviewing med-legal, clinical, educational, and vocational records
• Summarizing and interpreting large amounts of non-clinical test results and information
• Proofreading and fact-checking copy
• Applying templates and formatting Word documents
• Using a secure online database to download and upload information
• Routinely meeting deadlines
• Communicating verbally and in writing with other WCPS staff
• Prefer MA or equivalent in English Lit or Communications
• Completion of psychology courses or equivalent work experience in medical or mental health field
• Open to feedback from supervising psychologists with individual writing styles
• Must be a self-starter, highly-organized, and able to reliably meet deadlines
• Experience writing and editing formal psychological or clinical reports is preferred
• Must demonstrate writing with exceptional precision and economy of language
• Current Criminal Record Check is required for the successful applicant
• Must be able to demonstrate current eligibility to work in Canada
• Casual/on-call contractor position
• Work-from-home, set your own hours to meet work deadlines
• Available immediately; start date negotiable
• Starting/training rate of $35/hr
• Supervised by Registered Psychologists
• Please email a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com
• Please do not phone or email the head office regarding this position.
Please note: We only contact those we select for an interview.
About the Company
We are a well-established and respected private practice, proud to provide the highest quality psychological services. Our head office is located in Vancouver, British Columbia but we perform services throughout the province and across the country. We all enjoy the autonomy in which we complete our work, but the success of the company is based on the measure of our collaboration working together.